If you’re a fan of ZME and also have a talent for writing, then there’s no reason why you shouldn’t join in on the fun, right? What we’re looking for is serious and enthusiastic folk, that shares with us a great passion for music, as well as the need of voicing things out.
Positions: reviewers (both gigs and albums), columnist, regular blogger (that writes just about anything else).
- All of our collaborators get recommendations and credentials from our behalf, for use at University (for journalism students) or for a future job position as a music publicist. We have a lot of former contributors who’ve successfully gotten hired thanks to their work here.
- Reviewers will get a shit load of free albums, for sampling purposes.
- Free tickets to various gigs and festivals are a common thing.
- Various merchandise, like T-shirts, CDs, posters etc will be occasionally sent to ZME contributors.
- You can write from anywhere, even the comfort of your own bed. After all, we’re just an online publication, so there’s no need to drop by our office or anything like that.
- You’ll be joining a team of talented, like-minded people from which you’ll be certain to learn a lot of things.
- Your writing will be read by 3-4000 people a day and approximately 100.000 people each month.
- For those of you who already author a music blog, this can be your chance to publicize it. If you join our team, you’ll get your blog’s name (and link, of course) listed next to your very own name.
- Solid knowledge of the English language, as well as the music scene.
- Enthusiasm and commitment.
- At least 2-3 hours a week worth of spare time.
- Previous experience doesn’t consist a requirement, but if present you’ll be just a step away from joining the team.
- Sadly, your work here can not be remunerated, as all our positions are strictly on a voluntary basis only. We simply can’t afford it, at the time. Hopefully, if we grow big enough in the future, we’ll also be able to reward your commitment with some hard earned cash too. Until then, though, you’ll just have to settle with the current benefits.
If you’re interested, just drop us off an e-mail at webmaster [at] zmemusic [dot] com. Be sure to add [ZME Jobs] in the title’s header. We’ll get back to you in less than 24 hours.