Capitan Kirk vs. Capitan Picard, Ghandi vs Buddha, Bill Gates vs Steve Jobs all ones of the greatest one on one feuds in history, but such a list couldn’t go on without adding the latest Kanye vs Fifty. No need to detail the skirmish between the two, the important thing is the results are in and Fifty isn’t looking to good. This week Kanye’s third album Graduation toped the Billboard top 100 with a whooping 958,000 in sales, while 50 Cent and Curtis managed to achieve “only” 692,000. I have a feeling, though, that this isn’t the end of 50’s career, far from it, maybe just the tip of the iceberg.
The Billboard top 5 albums of the week ending September 16:
- ‘Graduation,’ Kanye West (958,000 in 1st week)
- ‘Curtis,’ 50 Cent (692,000 in 1st week)
- ‘Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates,’ Kenny Chesney (387,000 in 1st week)
- ‘High School Musical 2,’ Soundtrack (133,000 in 5th week; 1,490,000 total)
- ”Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus,’ Soundtrack (42,000 in 10th week; 1,292,000 total)