Summer is just around the corner and now is the time to get in shape! What better way to do that than by having a good time dancing? Thanks to gaming platforms such as the Xbox 360 and Xbox Kinect, people everywhere are slimming down, getting fit and having fun shaking their stuff with dance games or dance inspired work outs. Here are 5 Xbox Kinect games to get you dance fit for summer:
1. Dance Central 2– Dance Central uses Microsoft’s Kinect sensor to monitor the player’s body as he or she dances. Players mimic what the character in the middle is doing and follow pictures on the side of the screen. To earn points and get a good workout, it’s up to the player to match the dance moves the game asks him or her to do. The game will track the hands, feet, legs, arms, and head, and the player has to match the moves the character is doing. This gets a little crazy and definitely gets the heart pounding and burning calories.
2. The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout– this awesome game is a must have! It offers over 125 exercises to help the player lose weight and transform his or her body. Some of the exercises include circuit training, yoga and common “core exercises.” The game also features over 50 easy to cook, healthy recipes and a method to keep track of caloric intake.
3. Zumba Fitness – Discover the craze of Zumba! This dance-inspired workout keeps people moving to the beat of Latin music. It is a lot of fun and feels more like going to a party than working out.
4. Grease Dance – Finally now is the time to live the fantasy of strutting your stuff John Travolta or Olivia Newton John style with the epic release from 505Games. So get set for them “Summer Nights” return to Rydell High and sing and dance your way through the official licenced game with the movies iconic choreography and music. A fantastic feature is by using the Kinect camera you can play back and watch yourself busting your best moves. With over 20 timeless tunes and upto 8 player involvements this will have you Tutti Futting till the early hours.
5. Just Dance 3 Special Edition – The biggest party Just Dance is back is crazier than ever before this is one super dance crazy game and will have you throwing shapes and jumping around like a mad person. With over 40 top tracks from across different genres and some very responsive action from the Kinect you will be taking time out of your day to learn the vey increasingly difficult dance routines. With upto 4 players in each dance group it is great for parties you won’t be able to resist the chance to shine and show your skills.
The Kinect is among the biggest selling, highest rated gaming systems around. It offers countless hours of enjoyment in addition to being an excellent method for getting fit and learning to dance or just having fun busting some moves to some top tunes.