- R.I.P. Ted Kennedy (not quite related, but the man at least deserves a mention)
- Karen O premiered her latest stunning single “All Is Love” as part of the soundtrack for the upcoming full length motion picture “Where The Wild Things Are.”
- Them Crooked Vultures played two new incredibly heavy tracks.
- Noel Gallagher quits Oasis.
- The 12 greatest female guitarists.
- MJ’s death ruled homicide.
- Pitchfork’s study of mp3 history.
- A great list by indiescreet of lesser known bands you should keep your eyes on if you’re down at the Leeds & Reading Festivals this weekend.
- Nike and Sub Pop to release new shoe collection. Oh the indie hipsters are gonna be all over this one, folks.
- The top 11 influential minds of industrial metal by CoS.
- Bob Dylan’s X-mass album gets a release date and cover art.
- Eagles of Death Metal remind us what true rock is all about at their recent stint at Dublin’s The Academy.
- John Vanderslice has two new 7″ singles going on, plus preps for tour.
- Ryan Adams makes his debut as a columnist with a video game review.
- You gotta check out Cracked’s hilarious take on the indie scene!
- St. Vincent plays “Actor Out of Work” and “The Strangers” live in an acoustic session in France.
- Quentin Tarantino’s method behind ‘Inglourious Basterds’ soundtrack mix-tape.
- Did Andrew W.K.’s I Get Wet slipped by you unnoticed? Better read Steve’s recent column on the subject.
A few mp3s posted by us this week:
[MP3] Arctic Monkeys – Crying Lighting
[MP3] Dolores O’Riordan – Tranquilizer
[MP3] Blitzen Trapper – Black River Killer
[MP3] Imogen Heap – Little Bird
[MP3] Mew – Beach
[MP3] Islands – ‘Vapours’
[MP3] No Age – ‘You’re A Target’
[MP3] Taken by Trees – ‘ My Boys’ (Animal Collective cover)