There was really a lot of hype around [tag]Foo Fighters[/tag] latest single “The Pretender” , when we released the mp3 out for download. Nearly 2000 people downloaded the song, now 2 weeks and half of our bandwidth later the video for this great song has surfaced. First I’d like to express my appreciation for the director of the video, Sam Brown (James Blunt, Fray etc) who through his excellent directing and editing skills has succeeded in capturing the song’s essence, releasing a thrilling video for a very passionate song. If you’ve seen a few Foo videos, then you feel at home with the set of The Pretender, a empty, huge warehouse-thingy in which the band rock their socks off, in their arena rock characteristic manner. But if the video was all that it would be terrible borring, right? Half way through the video, a swat team makes its apperance and soon charges towards the band, but is soon swept away by a water wave, that just broke loose from…. a huge aquarium.
By Tibi Puiu
Tibi is the co-founder and current editor in chief of ZME Music. He's had a passion for music since when he can remember, but since he lacks the necessary skills to make music, he decided to simply mix in another passion of his: writing.
Thanks to the marvels of the Internet, anyone can voice out and, in time, Tibi has helped a lot of artists and made a lot of friends by following his double passion for writing and music.
View all articles by Tibi Puiu
- New Foo Fighters album to be released in November: ‘Only Eight Songs, But It Might Be Our Longest Record’ -
- Foo Fighters: ‘MTV Awards Don’t Mean Sh-t’ -
- New Foo Fighters record in the works -
- Dave Grohl wants to create super-supergroup, with members of Nirvana, Fleetwood Mac, Rage Against the Machine and many more -
- Dave Grohl: still the coolest rock star on Earth -