War Stories is due out on July 9 and was co-produced by James Lavelle and Chris Goss from Queens Of The Stone Age, under James Lavelle’s new label, Surrender All.
“War Stories marries UNKLE’s trademark sound and integrates it with traditional rock influences to stunning effect. Recorded in the desert outside LA at Rancho de la Luna (where the Desert Sessions have been recorded) studio and in London at James’ new Surrender Sounds studio, the album comprises of fourteen tracks of epic proportions.”
This new album has a impressive guest vocalist list, including the likes of: Josh Homme from [tag]Queens of the Stone Age[/tag], Ian Asbury from The Cult, 3D from Massive Attack, The Duck Spirit, Autolux and Gavin Clark from Clay Hill. Also James Lavelle teams up with Richard File for a second time on the “Morning Rage” track and delights us with his debut as a vocalist on “Hold my Hand”.
The standard CD will come with a 32 page booklet, but there is a limited edition 2xCD, with extended 50 page booklet and an outer slip-box opening up to reveal the standard CD and a second CD featuring the instrumental versions of the songs appearing on ‘War Stories’.
02. Chemistry (feat. Josh Homme from “Queens of the Stone Age”)
03. Hold My Hand
04. Restless (feat. Josh Homme from “Queens of the Stone Age”)
05. Keys To The Kingdom (feat. Gavin Clark from “Clayhill”)
06. Price You Pay
07. Burn My Shadow (feat. Ian Astbury from “The Cult”)
08. May Day (feat. The Dute Spirit)
09. Persons & Machinery (feat. Autolux)
10. Twilight (feat. 3D from “Massive Attack”)
11. Morning Rage
13. Broken (feat. Gavin Clark from “Clayhill”)
14. When Things Explode (feat. Ian Astbury from “The Cult”)
15. Buying A Lie (feat. Lee Gorton from “The Alfie”)
16. Mistress (feat. Alice Temple)