If you query “Poker Face cover” on YouTube, you’ll most undoubtedly find all kinds of peculiar renditions of the song delivered by mostly talent-ill teenagers, from bad, to worse to damn right excremental. The one I’m writing about today, however, is well beyond the above demographics – namely Igor Presnyakov‘s acoustic take on Lady Gaga’s anthem, Poker Face. Why the very talented Russian guitarist chose the track is well beyond my comprehension, but what’s important is that he actually made the song bearable. More than that, actually, quite pleasant. Here’s to go that you can still find some quality entertainment on YouTube these days *sigh.
By Tibi Puiu
Tibi is the co-founder and current editor in chief of ZME Music. He's had a passion for music since when he can remember, but since he lacks the necessary skills to make music, he decided to simply mix in another passion of his: writing.
Thanks to the marvels of the Internet, anyone can voice out and, in time, Tibi has helped a lot of artists and made a lot of friends by following his double passion for writing and music.
View all articles by Tibi Puiu
- Check out Lady Gaga performing The Sound of Music at Oscars -
- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett share new single from upcoming album -
- Judas Priest stream new album: Redeemer of Souls -
- Check out Sebastian’s Bach performance as Lady Gaga -
- Lady Gaga and R Kelly released new song together: Do What You Want -